Saturday, May 8, 2010

David and Camy Noodle Restaurant Dinner 8/5/10

A hangover day is one for carbs. First stop: borek. Second stop: food court spud. Third stop (and cheap eat): David and Camy's. After a massive day of shopping in which we finally had wedding outfit success, I was SO ready for some dumpling goodness. He had the pork noodles, me the spring onion and oil noodles. We shared a plate of Shanghai vegetarian dumplings, and (for the first time since Beijng) I ordered the lot in Chinese. The dumplings were tasty, but I thought they weren't quite hot enough, and the skin was too doughy for my liking. But the noodles. Aaah, the noodles!!! Hello my old friends and the cause of all those extra Beijing kilos. Mine was done with spring onion blasted in oil until black, mixed in with preserved vegetable and some beancurd skin. Absolute gold. And all up the meal cost us a very cool $19 - feichang pianyi! We stumbled out with our tummies popping out over our pants, and tried to chase it down with a bubble tea, but god dang the meal had been so filling I could barely finish even half my pearly milk tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

accutane lawsuit